Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Positive OPK!!

From 10-28-10

As you know, we've been going through quite a bit to get pregnant, including a trip to a fertility center, getting poked, pushed, prodded, and probed, and being put on Clomid to induce ovulation. Women go through multiple cycles of Clomid and may not ovulate. Each cycle the dosage is upped in hopes of a positive OPK.

I'm becoming the master of not getting my hopes up. The doc said I wasn't ovulating and I'm use to seeing negative OPKs so I went into this knowing it could take a while. There was also the fact that I started taking it late in this cycle. I read that the average for when you ovulate is 5-10 days after your last Clomid pill. Today, exactly five days after my last pill, I got my very first positive OPK! Yay! I could barely believe it. Yesterday, my saliva OPK showed what looked to me like the transition phase, but this morning it was the same as always.

I went on lunch break and the first place I went was into the bathroom for my daily POAS. I didn't feel like wasting my break time for a negative. So I capped the test and carefully put it in my purse. I was super careful not to jostle my purse as I headed to the office where I have my lunch.

I spent a few minutes talking to a co-worker and then headed to the office for some privacy in viewing my OPK. Unfortunately, there was someone in there so I had to look down into my purse in a stealthy manner, like I was just looking for something. There it was. The Holy Smiley Face of Ovulation!

I just stared at it. I had never seen a positive ANYTHING ever! I still keep looking at the picture, barely believing it, expecting to look at it and see the usual black circle because surely the light was playing tricks on my eyes.

I know I shouldn't get too excited. It's not a positive HPT after all, but it's a huge step. I couldn't ovulate and now I am. Before, I didn't have a chance at getting pregnant. Now, I do. Four months we tried and never got pregnant, obviously because we couldn't. This, our fifth month, may be the month when we finally have everything working and know there is an egg being released. And we've gone about three days without baby dancing so with all that build up, our chances will be increased. It's just knowing that I do and still have eggs and the chances of me carrying my own child is much greater now.

I have a lot to think about and a lot to read up on. Who knew I would ever get past the OPK part?

No comments:

Post a Comment