Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Falls and Thrill The World

Hello, everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your Labor Day weekend. It was certainly a nice one. Perfect weather, great start to the football season, Boomsday. Excellent! Great end to summer and start to fall!

We had a fairly calm few days. As you know, Alex had to work Saturday and that totally sucked. However, Sunday was good. We had planned on going to Boomsday, but decided against it. Staying out late and fighting traffic to get home when we had to get up at six the next morning just didn't seem like the best idea. Maybe next year.

Monday, while getting ready for work, the hair dryer fell off the counter on to my foot. It hurt, but I didn't notice until I went to put on my sock that my foot had been disfigured! There was a huge, hard knot on the top of my foot. It totally freaked me out! I just put my sock and shoe on and hoped that it would go back in because it was really not pretty.

Labor Day was a slow day at work. Most visitors to the area were going back to their homes. We were prepared for a busy day, but no such luck. However, I did make more today than I did the past few times I ran register. It may not have been more people, just more people with open wallets. 

After work yesterday, Alex and I went to the Pigeon Forge Community Center and played tennis. We don't follow rules or keep score. We just try to hit the ball back and forth. Once we manage to do that we'll work on doing it right.

I did have a rather bad night last night. Right before I left work yesterday, a girl announced she was pregnant. By her tear-filled expression I knew the answer to my question, but I had to ask. No, she had not been trying to conceive. It just happened. She was the second girl at work in the last month to have this happen. There are always woman coming into our business who are pregnant. That usually irks me because they are pregnant with two or three children already. Sometimes I swear these people are ruining my chances by throwing off the balance of kids to parents. I know that's not true, but I'm at the point that I am very bitter about not having at least one of my own. This all put me into a sobbing, crying mess for about a good hour yesterday. I just don't understand why people who are not planning on a child keep getting pregnant while I keep failing. I've never expected life to be fair, but I had no idea it would be so cruel.

Anyways, moving on before I get back into tears. I have my annual "beginning of fall head cold." I hate it! It happens every year right on schedule. When I was a kid, it kept me from going to Katie Cochran's birthday party every year. Naturally, her parties were the best and I had to hear about all the amazing things I missed from my friends. It's aggravating because from the shoulders down I feel great. From the neck up...sore throat, cough, runny/dry nose, and headaches. Such an annoyance.

There was more talk of "Thrill The World" going around today. That's definitely exciting! I'm looking forward to trying to remember the dance. Definitely not going to do the "Live at Five" thing again though! The others can do that if they want. I will politely decline. The teeny-tiny stage they gave us to be on last time was not cool. Anyways, hopefully, we will have a great turnout again this year. Last year was a blast! We had Ola Ray there. She was the girl in the "Thriller" video. She did the countdown for us and then did her scream. Here is a link to watch the video: Thrill The World 2009 - Gatlinburg. Everyone needs to head to the Thrill The World site and start learning the dance. It's extremely easy! I promise! I cannot dance, but I can do "Thriller!" I expect a bigger turnout this year. It's a great part of Sevier Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment