Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Worst Great Day!

I know the title seems like an oxymoron, but I assure you it is quite apropos. 

Today, I had to get up early and take Alex to the airport. I dropped him off a bit after nine in the morning. He's going to be gone for a week for a work-related training seminar. So that totally sucked. Have I mentioned how much I absolutely, with every fiber of my being, hate, loath, despise his job? Seriously, if we ever split up, I guarantee you it will have something to do with the job he is working right now. It is ridiculous trying to have a relationship with they way they treat him. Anyways, I'm getting side-tracked.

So after the suckiness of dropping him off, I decided I would go to the Foothills Mall to kill time. Only it didn't open until noon. Fail. So I headed over to Petsmart. It didn't open until ten. Double fail. So I decided to go ahead into Knoxville since that was my destination for late anyways. I stopped at McDonald's on Alcoa Hwy and waited in a ridiculously long line to get a sweet tea. About two miles later, I took my first drink of my "sweet tea." Worst sweet tea EVAR! It was in fact not sweet tea, but the soda I detest the most, Diet Coke. It couldn't even have been Coke or Dr. Pepper. No, Diet Coke. I was too far to go back so I was just stuck with stomaching that. Fail.

I headed over to West Town Mall and found that they don't open until noon either. Fail. For those not keeping track, that's four. I did manage to find Petsmart open. I went in to see if they had larger bags of the dog food we buy. They did, but it was $0.20/pound more expensive so no go. I went to A.C. Moore to see if they had any lacey, vintage-looking, table cloths. They did not. I headed back to the now open mall. Skillfully ignoring the random nationality salespeople of the kiosks, I made into Hot Topic. I love this store. It's the only place I can find GIR stuff. 

I killed enough time to head up to the World's Fair Park for Families In The Kitchen. After making three wrong turns, I ended up where I needed to be. I parked, got my stuff, remembered I dropped my keys in my seat, grabbed them (didn't want to lock myself out of the car), and headed to the festival. About 20 ft away, I remembered I left my money in the car. Went back for it. About 20 ft away again, I decided I didn't need to bring my purse. Headed back again while digging in my purse for my keys. I didn't find them. When I got to the car, I looked in the window and groaned. There were my keys on the passenger seat. Fail. (I have lost count now.) I have five dollars to my name at this point so I could not call a lock-smith. I frantically post to FB asking anyone to help. 

I met my friend A and her hubby and kids and we headed to the Families In The Kitchen festival while I waited to hear from people. It was a nice little gathering. There was a cook-off taking place on stage. Tents from all kinds of local businesses and such promoting better health. A lot of them had activities for the kids to do and I thought that was fantastic. A's four kids had a blast and us adults had fun watching them. It was really a lot of fun. Total win!

A friend of mine, whom I shall love for ever and ever for this, came all the way from Maryville and got into my car. I met him in front of the museum and he handed my keys over. Win! It was so great to know I was going to get to leave. I had been talking to Alex about it after he landed. I told him I didn't want to be homeless in Knoxville. I couldn't even live in my car. Anyways, thanks to S for coming all that way, getting me in my car, and then refusing to take my five dollars. Definitely a stand up guy.

I tried a different McDonald's on the way home. I waited approximately ten minutes in line to get my sweet tea, which leads me to believe McDonald's is not actually fast food, just food. It was worth it though. I took a cautious first sip and tasted the wonderfulness that is their tea. Yay!

So now I am home. As far as relaxing weekends go, this one is near the bottom of the list, but it was definitely adventurous and fun. Such is Sevier Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment